Feedback On My Ideas

Feedback On My Title Sequence Ideas

In this post I will be writing about the feedback my peers and teachers have had towards my 2 title sequence ideas.





IDEA 1: The Cabin




Mike (my teacher): 

- You didn't normally do what most students do, which is over complicate it and make it hard to come true. Instead you made it very simplistic which is easier for an opening sequence. 
- Out of all the ideas I heard pitch, this idea was the most alike to an opening sequence.
- You should make the cabin look horrible and show weird/gruesome objects 
- It is a good opening title sequence, however, would you enjoy filming closeups of the woods and a cabin.
- Maybe you could put something in to make it more exciting to film, because otherwise all of your other shots are just going to be like a phone covered with blood, knives, etc.
- An idea to make it more exciting would be to show all of that then at the very end you show the outside of the cabin door and then at that point the door bursts open and it's a woman trying to run for her life.




Peers (in my class):

- It's very strong in the sense that's got a basic human idea, that can be very easy to shoot and create tension within it which is very doable.
- If you were watching this opening scene you might not know what was happening and that it could be anything. 




IDEA 3: Mafia/Killer



Mike (my teacher):

- I find it's a great opening title sequence. I think that having someone who is being nice and friendly with their neighbour and them looking a bit panicked.
- Maybe that the doors shut and they see that the man is doing something very bad.
- It doesn't have to necessarily be about a body tied up. It can also be that the man is friendly to the neighbours, gets back in his house and there lies a dead body on the floor. 
- Key: What is revealed about them to show they are not who they say they are and what is his interaction with the neighbours at the start of the opening sequence. 




Peers (in my class): 
- Loving the emotion twist. So it for senses security through thick acting conversations and revealing that the situation isn't okay and it's not what you thought.





























Comments