Conclusion On Research Into Opening Title Sequence

Conclusion

In this post I will be writing my conclusion on the opening research task about genres.

All of the opening scenes had in common that they all had a use of both diegetic and non-diegetic sounds. However, other than that most opening scenes differ from each other as each are completely different genres. 




The scene I found particularly different from the others was the sci-fi genre (Gravity) because it is not a realistic live movie as it is up in space. 


In my opinion the most successful opening scene was the action genre (The Equalizer) this is because all it shows is a tidy man who has some secret that we don't know about. Nothing exciting happens in the scene showing that the rest of the film will be intense and interesting. I like how they used a mysterious soundtrack to liven the scene up. From seeing the opening scene I want to watch further to understand why all of this was shown and how this applies as it is an action film. 





In my opinion the least successful opening scene was the sci-fi genre (Gravity). This is because I do not particularly enjoy fake based films (sci-fi) and how they seem too complicated. I also didn't find it smart that already at the beginning of the film there have been deaths and that the woman has released herself in to space. 



Comments