Idea 3

Music Video Idea 3

In this post I will be demonstrating my third idea for my music video.



Song - Better Off 







Artist - JGrrey





Music Video - music video hasn't been made. 



Website - homepage hasn't been made. 



Concept - 


My third song idea is by an artist called JGrrey, however her real name is Jennifer Clark who originates from London. She is 25 years old and appeals to younger audiences around the ages 15-30. I chose this song because I straight away knew that this would be the song to use a narrative. 


For my last idea I want to have a mix of narrative and performance, as I have found the perfect song to achieve that. For the first performance I will have a plain room starting with someone on the drums, then on to someone with a bass guitar. After these switches are made, the camera will move on to the main artist who will be singing in an old microphone coming from the ceiling. After this continues for a while, another separate room will appear, where her ex will be in a different location, in his room minding his business but having a feeling that someone is around. The girl who is singing is directing to him. At the end of the song she ends up in her living room with her best friends watching movies. Showing there is 'no need for men'. 





In the setting for the video, I want the beginning performance to have different neon colours (preferably pink or purple) popping up several times to achieve shadows, which will make the video more vibrant to watchers. For the setting of her ex it will be a typical guy's bedroom, and lastly for the singers in the living room will be vintage styled. For the costumes I want the drummer and bass guitarist to be wearing all black or white and the main singer will firstly wear an outfit that mostly consists of the colour red plus giving it that street vibe, after this costume, for the last setting she will be wearing a set of red pyjamas followed by some 90s makeup throughout the whole video. The best friends at the end will also wear different coloured pyjama sets this will show the typical girl problems between guys and finally it shows that girl don't need a man to make her happy. 







Some stylistic elements I would include in this video is making it retro/vintage by turning the setting to grain. This will give it warmth and comfortness. Even if I make the video retro I will still dress the star in modern clothing which gives it that right mixture to increase views. As well as the retro effect, I want to bring in neon colours in the first performance. Below are examples:






An artist that is similar to JGrrey is Ella Mai, because they both always write love songs either in a good way or a bad way. I matched these two together as well because I thought they had the same interest in the genre they are singing. Below is a snap of one of Ella's music videos:









Comments