My Draft Design

My Draft Design

In this post I will be demonstrating and writing about my design I made on photoshop to show how it will look before the actual final digipak.



BELOW IS THE FINAL DESIGN:


For this design I wanted to focus on the artist as least as possible to give her that organic effect. This is the reason to why I chose a photo that demonstrates she isn't looking straight through the camera, instead she is looking upwards towards the name on the album showing that the music is most important. However, as she is an upcoming new artist I still want to show her unique style to the audience by dressing her in trendy clothing.



The colours I want to use is firstly pastel blue and pink to link it in with the aesthetic that will be seen in most of her music videos including 'Childhood Dreams'. I also want to incorporate the bright colour green to briefly link it back to the music video as one of the lava lamps that always seems to stand out is green. This will give it a stronger effect to the viewer's eye onto the cover as pastel colours are hard to spot at times. 
















I have decided not to include any obvious links to the lava lamp look as it will make it too obvious that it is especially for the song 'Childhood Dreams'. As lava lamps wouldn't be used for any of the other music videos. The only similar link to this would be the green lines to give it that melting effect. 

Our primary audience is 18-20 and this digipak cover would attract them because it has a variety of vivid colours that will catch their attention. As well as this, I made sure to make the cover look more mature for people within that age group by making it simple and easy to spot. 

The star image is expressed by focusing more on the way the music is shown rather than using the artist's face on each side. Her ideology is implied also by demonstrating roughly the look of the artist as well as also making her mysterious. 


I implied the synth pop genre by using conventions like adding post edit in photoshop to make the digipak edgier and make it look fantasy like. I also used pastel colours to give it that pop feel of happiness, however still making it synth by using facial expressions that are moody which also links in well with the music video of 'Childhood Dreams'. 



Comments